![]() |
| Helen kicking ass, coming second in her semi to make the A Final of the W1x. Daaaamn! I'm honored to have her row my single here. No good pics of Alex and me, sorry. |
Watch us race LIVE tomorrow morning at 10:20 AM West Coast time, 1:20 PM if you're on the East Coast. The link is here. We had a good, tough race in our Semifinal, racing against crews much stronger and more experienced than us. It was a headwind again, even a little Seattle cold and rain before we lined up (ah home). We look forward to racing in the B Final, competing for spots 5 - 8 in the country! Also worthy of note, BOTH of our women's single scullers, Lindsay Meyer and Helen Tomkins, advanced to the A Final of the women's single! Lindsay won her Semi against her top competitor, and Helen sprinted through third in her Semi to take second. Congratulations to them on making the "final four". Alex and I felt good about our performance in the Semifinal, and although we did not qualify for the A Final, the race was solid. We did our normal cool-down and recovery routines, and feel great going into tomorrow, at weight, in the right mindset, and looking forward to ending this journey right. We'll be the guys in the orange and blue outfits with white blades in a white boat, hope you all can tune in and watch! Well rowed, all competitors in all events so far, I have not seen such good sportsmanship at one of these events in a while. Everyone is bringing their A+ game. I guess the Olympics bring out the best is us. Although that possibility is off the table for Alex and I, we feel grateful to be able to be here, doing this. Go SRC!

No comments:
Post a Comment