Thursday, March 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Michelangelo

Melville's Captain Ahab, as I know him.
Didn't use any references external to my imagination and the original text,
a useful exercise and one a certain birthday boy would often employ.
As Instagram (of all media) informs me, today is my favorite artist's birthday.  So a Happy Birthday to Michelangelo.  Coincidentally finished a painting this afternoon, which came out very different than I'd envisioned.  Sometimes it's not up to you, and you have to go with the energy of the piece and the tone it sets for you, not the other way around.

I love Instagram, thank you to Max, Hans, and Henry for turning me on to it (independently... but your good advices accreted towards a tipping point).  It allows me to most easily and effectively share my work with... well.. you.  http://instagram.com/dosdesignsltd is my account.

Winter training continues, and although we don't have it as bad as our brothers in Boston with the freeze (our water is open) it's still a bit chilly for proper rowing.  I did manage to get out once last week, but it is still the patient whirr of the flywheel.  It's a repetitive sport we play.

Speaking of play, last weekend was an exercise in catharsis and a nice break from the routine of the Winter of Suffering, some quality time spent in NYC with some fellow Dartmouth Scoundrels and Princesses.  Even did some drawings... guess you'll have to visit Instagraham-cracker to check them out.

HBD Greatest Artist Ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment