| The One, the Only, the Alex Twist |
In other news, Alex Twist, my doubles partner from the Olympic Trials last year will be joining us this week to train out of Malta Boat Club and Conshohocken, mixing it up with Sam and me and hopefully a few others, Colin, perhaps new member Chris Lambert, we'll see! I'm pumped to train this weekend, Matt Carey's fiancée's (Mary Higgins, Wisco lightweight) family in DC is hosting Sam and me for the weekend as we join up with Potomac Boat Club for some pieces on the Occoquan. Thank you Reilly and Potomac for inviting us down! Never been, will do an update when we get back, hopefully with some pics of fine southern weather. I'm not even going to check the weather... just going to bank on it being perfect. Rowing in the snow this morning was great and all, but it's getting (c)old!
Ahhh.. Pun opportunity seized. Sorry, but the Rocket Fuel Staffers make no apologies.
![]() |
| Although this is not my car... this is how I feel about my car. Look how big I accidentally made the wheels! |
![]() |
| Sam's mini, for reference |
Here's the latest commission, still a portrait... but a car! I used a photograph of Sam's mini from the Summer as a reference, and added a different paint job and different wheels, sans roof rack, to match the actual vehicle (red and black). That's all, I don't want to spend the evening writing blog posts... just want to stretch out, watch some Breaking Bad (have you SEEN that show it is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD!) and pass out!
![]() |
| "Paint me like one of your French Subarus" |
P.S.: Meg, yes, I did see you on the Undine dock this evening, but when I row I'm too SERIOUS to wave hello back... plus I had these oars in my hands and it was a StruggleFest just to stay upright. No Excuses thought! Next time just ignore me as I howl at you.



No comments:
Post a Comment