Friday, March 15, 2013

Pre-Bed Quick Update

Just texted to a friend in Seattle:

"I wake up each morning at 5:10 pumped.  Stoked on what I'm doing, who I am, and my friends who are with me.  Like you homie!"

If it isn't obvious, I'm loving life, feeling pretty lucky to be where I'm at.  Isn't this just another way of saying the rowing is going well?

My biggest grocery run... ever.  How many awesome foods can YOU see?
P.S.: Athletes and non-movers alike... have any fav recipes you'd like me to try out?
Lemme know.
Food for thought.  Speaking of food, what constitutes Rocket Fuel?  Went shopping at Wegman's this evening, and decided beforehand well, heck, might as well go for it... and buy enough to make every recipe in The Feed Zone (my favorite cookbook).  Speaking of pro cycling and nutrition/recovery, I read Tyler Hamilton's book The Secret Race this week in under 36 hours.  It is phenomenal, and opened my eyes to the reality of professional cycling and doping.  What a gripping tale; what a sad story.  The romance of rowing has attracted me since first being in a boat, and to have all that sucked away for the sake of improving numbers and keeping secrets would be an incalculable loss, and a devastating hit on my happiness.

Cheers to eating right and staying clean, not knowing how it will go, good or bad.  That's exciting.

The List...
...nope.  didn't get the rolling pin, food processor, or steel mixing bowl.  Better off at a bulk store for those.


No comments:

Post a Comment