Saturday, August 24, 2013

American Pride

Andy, Colin, myself, Shane at right not pictured.  Photo Credit Row2k.com... obviously
I am extremely proud of the way we have been rowing here.  Not only am I proud of our effort, but of the way we have been handling ourselves as representatives of the United States.  It feels good to wear the uni.  It looks good to see Andy and Colin's blades flashing in front of me in perfect unison.  Thank you to those of you who have been so loyal back home in helping us to get here and for listening to the story as it develops.  We've put our USA and Malta Boat Club stickers on the hull today.

Here is a short clip from a starting 1000m piece the other day.  In foreground is the USA Light Men's Four, and behind us is the Netherlands' Heavy Men's Quad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDTg4E4dpcg

I very much look forward to what kind of opportunities will open up as a result of the way we are approaching this regatta, and the kind of rowing we are doing.  Racing starts day after tomorrow for us.

Let's Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment