 |
| Looking back at our hotel from my Nature Walk (Landscape Walk with Bugs) |
About to go to bed. Had a relaxing time at dinner with fellow Dartmouth Lightweight alum Tony Fahden of the US Light Men's Four, and my D150 college coach Steve Perry, here coaching the adaptive mixed double Legs Trunk Arms. Also had a serene and curiosity-filled walk around our hotel pre-dinner. It's so gorgeous here. It's not easy to slow down and enjoy the scenery at a competitive regatta, but this place makes it simple to do so. I found some great bugs. Breathed good air. Ate great food (not too much) and am now in total comfort before slipping into sleep.
 |
| Tony, Steve, me. Looking GREAT |
Tomorrow we race our repechage, against 3 crews, with only two to advance to the A Final on Friday. No one wants to race the reps, it's your last chance, but it is also a full, 2000m race and we will put ourselves in a position of opportunity to have our strongest race.
When I've released myself from the expectation of an outcome and focused solely on the process, the result is always pleasing. The Process Is The Result. I cannot repeat and re-affirm these words enough. Ironically the man from whom I borrowed them, legendary Olympic rower and now coach with the Australian team,
Drew Ginn, is now at our very hotel for these World Championships.
I literally sit a few tables over from the guy. I drink water out of the same tap, eat the same rolls, and put my dirty dishes in the same bins after the meal.
It's surreal.
Feeling lucky to be here. Like hell we'd waste this opportunity. I plan on taking my best strokes tomorrow.
 |
| Look at this thing! Unfortunately (?) it was dead. |
 |
| I love his grappling prongs |
 |
| Gazebo overlooking the lake above the dam. |
 |
| Supported trees. |
 |
| Wonderful staircase. |
 |
| Two bugs gettin' it on. |
 |
| Nearby bug, NOT getting any. |
 |
| My face hurt from laughing so much |
 |
| Good to have more familiar faces around |
No comments:
Post a Comment