 |
| Mom and I bask in the sun at the finish line in Vancouver |
Yesterday officially marked the end of my 10 week healing process, counting forward from receiving news of my bulging L4-L5 disc early this summer. It's been many miles on the bike, lots of laps in the pool, and countless reps in the weight room to avoid losing too much upper body mass. The plan is 10k of easy, easy good form and zero pressure rowing. Two days ago I returned to Boston from Seattle, staying through the end of August to move out. The Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party (RSVP) was very fun. I felt fast, very fast. It's time to put the bike away and get out the boat. More to come when I get those first tippy strokes out of the way. Should be beautiful.
Thank you so much to my parents. To my Mom for driving out to Vancouver and meeting Dad and me after the 200 mile ride on Sunday, and to my Dad for letting me ride with him for the first day, and letting me go off on my own the second day, and for hosting me during my stay in Seattle. Can't wait to be back.
 |
| The End of an Era |
No comments:
Post a Comment