![]() |
| Will, Val, Neils, Me, John The Blades: The Original Lineup |
My back is doing ok. Not excellent, not the best ever, but ok. Third row of the Summer this morning, went well. Working on keeping blades buried to the finish, followed by a sharp extraction. Also, in general, on holding connection to the water through the core, not just leaning into it with the back. Former RBC lightweight coach and current Executive Director at CRI Bruce Smith coached me from the launch today, working very patiently as I wobbled along making changes. Looking forward to Friday's row, and also very, very pleased that yesterday was able to do 3x10 reps of Deadlift with no pain. I will be sore this afternoon, but an easy bike ride should help move things along. To my great pleasure things are also coming along excellently with the Riverside Boat Club Band, The Blades. I sing and play keyboard as part of a 5-part rock band made entirely of rowers. Simply put, we are the world's fittest band. We play the RBC Annual Cocktail Party this Saturday night - don't miss it.

No comments:
Post a Comment