![]() |
| Just something I do. |
![]() |
| Probably saving the world? Or destroying it. |
![]() |
| Brad, eat this pie. |
Went to Mankamp this weekend. Wish I could elaborate, but what happens at Mankamp stays at Mankamp. Let these photographs titillate the imagination.
Some are gone; some return. Alex Twist is back in Boston to train, and the USA Under-23 team has left for their world championships in Amsterdam. Some friends, some lovers, some D150s, some H150s, some fun rowing. Check out the blog of my friend and Harvard rising sophomore Mike Wales’ crew, the USA U23 Lightweight Men’s Quad.
Usually it doesn’t make sense to “make up” for lost volume, but at the same time it’s possible this week because this is the 4th week of the Base I period, and a rest week. Did a big day Monday, even bigger than I meant to, but also got to share some fine speed with some of the best pavement I’ve rolled over yet. The span from Concord to Nashua was devastatingly gorgeous.
Few cars, a cool microclimate from the shady woods, and ever-so-smooth two-lane “highway” pavement meant most of the time I had to slow myself. Turning over the big front gear for mostly the whole ride, to get used to a bit faster speed with greater pedaling efficiency, helping to keep the momentum especially uphill. Oh and P.S.: I saved a turtle.
| Turtle: You're Welcome. |
8.5 hrs to “make up” from last week’s weekend? Nope. It’s a rest week and I need it. No making up after Monday shall occur, so the daily training volumes stay the same, for Tuesday through Sunday, 3, 2.5, 2.5, 2, 2, and 1 hour.
GU Brew came in the mail. Awesome, and thank you to those at GU out in Cali. The Best Coast beckons… bribing me with excellent sports nutrition…
Went to Mass DOT meeting Monday night for the restoration (and forgotten underpasses) of Western and River St. Bridges. Said my piece. We should look at the underpasses as a design issue, which will enable possibilities not considered in the feasibility report. It was a proud moment to see the rowing community so strongly represented. We’ve GOT to invest our interest in the Charles River and surrounding landscape; leaving it up to others will keep getting us what we’ve got.
Found out today that YES, the Riverside Boat Club cocktail party will feature my band as the musical entertainment. America. ALSO shoutout to KHzm (thank you sis!) for assisting me and Alex with landing an interview with Wolf on his radio show tomorrow. Should be a real brodeo.
| Mass DOT meeting. Will the underpasses ever be built? Unlikely, but I'd love to design them. |
| Just something I eat. |



No comments:
Post a Comment