Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Update: Red, White and Bike



In honor of the Freedom of our country, I am keeping my schedule for Monday free as well.  The downside:  Monday’s workouts have been rescheduled to tomorrow, and since none of the pools are open Sundays (and the Charles is still not an appealing swim) that means it’s bike time.  5.5 hrs is the volume, intensity will be very low, recovery or low endurance pace.  I’m curious whether my bike jersey will be able to carry enough food to sustain such a ride.  Let’s hope the iPhone works on the Cape because I’ll need to Yelp some delicious lunch.  Or any lunch.  Or any kind of food.  My fellow endurance athletes know that when you’re truly hungry, it all tastes good.  Decent day in the pool today and in the weight room, my back feels outstanding and it’s tough to resist the urge to row.  For tomorrow’s ride I’ll be leaving on the 9am Ferry to Provincetown from Boston, returning on the 8:30pm Ferry.

I’ve never done a single bike ride of such a volume, but I’ve logged enough 3-4 hour rides on the stationary lately to make it not seem like the moon.  It’ll actually be a relief to get out of the water and into some stunning Cape Cod scenery; my arms are tired from all the swimming.  Here’s the schedule from this week, and next week, adjusted to put Monday’s volume for tomorrow.  It’s still rough, forgive the crudeness.





No comments:

Post a Comment